Welcome to Library Lexique! This site is dedicated to helping library staff, especially in public libraries, learn French vocabulary that will help them at work. For children's programmers, we also have a large section of lyrics for comptines (nursery rhymes) and jeux de doigs (fingerplays).
Learn Library French
- Browse library French terminology
- Visit our Complete list of terms
- View the terms according to category
- Do a translation challenge (coming soon)
- Read through an informational article
- Practice your French with flashcards (coming soon)
- Visit the Comptines page
- Head to Youtube to see many favourite comptines performed on the 1,2,3, on chante! channel.
This site was created by staff from a public library in Ottawa, Canada. As such, we have prioritized Canadian-French terms and content throughout the site.
This website is still very much under construction. Please check back in a few weeks to see how it is progressing.